Los Angeles Southwest College Foundation aims to provide resources for initiatives, programs and scholarships directly benefiting the college's students, faculty and staff while committed to making higher education attainable.
The Foundation’s vision is to support LASC's mission of student success, life-long learning, and enriching the lives of its diverse community.
Role of LASC Foundation
- Proactively raise funds that support the foundation’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Develop innovative programming that brings awareness and financial support.
- Relieve pressure of the financial shortfall impacting the college.
- Structure the board and organization that fosters effective implementation.
- Assess the board’s needs and purposefully recruit new members dedicated in fulfilling the board’s purpose.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility by making a financial commitment.
Support the Foundation
For more information about the LASC Foundation, contact Daniel Tabor, Executive Director, 1600 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90047, Student Services Building (SSB), 217D
Payroll Deduction Contribution Program
Faculty and staff can easily support the Foundation by enrolling in our Payroll Deduction Program to contribution as little as $5 per pay check.
2014-15 Los Angeles Southwest College Foundation Board of Directors
Foundation Board of Directors Chairman
Owner, PCF Restaurant Management
Immediate Past Board Chairman
President, G&C Equipment Corporation; President/Founder, GLAAAC
LASC Foundation Executive Director
Vice Chairman: David Ford, Region Manager, Southern California Edison
Secretary: Gina Perez Seals, Specialty Sales District Manager, Boehringer Ingelheim
Treasurer: Harold Dickens, Risk Manager
Marva Smith Battle-Bey, President, Vermont-Slauson Economic Development Corp.
James Burks, City of L.A. Department of Cultural Affairs
Dr. Sandra Cox, Executive Director, Coalition of Mental Health Professionals
Charles Flemmings, The Brook Group
Malik Levy, President of The Roster, Management & Publishing Company
Dr. Earnestine Thomas-Robertson
Richard Wang, Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP, Audit Department
Ambassador Sidney Williams, Community Leader
Justin Blackburn, Associate Student Organization President, Ex Officio
Dr. Alistaire Callender, Faculty Senate Representative, Ex Officio
Dr. Linda Rose, president Los Angeles Southwest College