NEW: California Credit Union Scholarship | Due: March 21
- Awarded to exceptional students throughout the Greater Los Angeles area
NEW: Bernard Osher/Edison Foundation Scholarship | Due: February 28
- For students taking classes in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and/or Environmental Science/Studies
NEW: Liberty Hill Foundation Book Grant Due: February 26
The Mission of the Los Angeles Southwest College Foundation is to provide resources for initiatives, programs, and scholarships directly benefiting LA Southwest College students, faculty, and staff, while committed to making higher education attainable.
The Foundation’s vision is to support LASC's mission of student success, lifelong learning, and enriching the lives of its diverse community.
Role of LASC Foundation
- Proactively raise funds that support the foundation’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Develop innovative programming that brings awareness and financial support.
- Relieve pressure of the financial shortfall impacting the college.
- Structure the board and organization that fosters effective implementation.
- Assess the board’s needs and purposefully recruit new members dedicated in fulfilling the board’s purpose.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility by making a financial commitment.
Support the Foundation
Payroll Deduction Contribution Program
Faculty and staff can easily support the Foundation by enrolling in our Payroll Deduction Program to contribution as little as $5 per pay check.
For more information about the LASC Foundation, contact Avis J. Boyd, Executive Director, 1600 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90047, Student Services Building (SSB), 217D
2013-14 LASC Foundation Board
- Gene Hale, Chair, Pres. G&C Equipment Corporation; President/Founder, GLAAAC
- David Ford, Vice Chair, Region Manager, Southern California Edison
- Harold Dickens, Treasurer, Risk Manager
- Marva Smith Battle-Bey, President, Vermont-Slauson Economic Development Corporation
- Sandra Cox, Ph.D., President, Coalition of Mental Health Professionals
- Donald Lancaster, Attorney
- Malik Levy, Senior Director, Broadcast Music Inc.
- Angela Reddock, Attorney
- Gina Perez Seals, Specialty Sales District Manager, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Richard Wang, Assurance Partner Kang, Anderson, Gandhi and Wang, LLP
- Karim Webb, Owner, PCF Restaurant Management
- Ambassador Sidney Williams, Community Leader
- Dr. Yasmin Delahoussaye, LASC Interim President, Ex Officio
- Dr. Alistaire Callender, Faculty Senate Representative, Ex Officio
- Lamont Jackson, Associate Student Organization President, Ex Officio
- Avis Boyd, Interim Foundation Director, Ex Officio