Leading Engineering Education for the Future in Los Angeles
- At least 18 years of age,
- High school diploma,
- Post-secondary education and/or work experience in engineering, engineering technology, or construction management, AND
- Unemployed or underemployed (An individual is considered underemployed if (s)he has not reconnected with a job that provides comparable responsibility and pay or is employed at reduced hours or part-time work in an occupation that does not match her/ his skill and educational level)
- Women and racial/ethnic minorities who are underrepresented in engineering
- Long-Term unemployed (unemployed for 27 weeks or more and actively looking for work)
- Greater Los Angeles and Southern California residents
- Paid Internships with local engineering & construction companies
- Continuing education courses for early career, unemployed & underemployed engineers
- Job preparation services such as career readiness workshops
- LEEF-LA Application
- Letter of Interest (form provided in application packet)
- ✓State your reasons for applying to the LEEF-LA Project
The LEEF-LA Project is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration’s H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant Program, which seeks to reduce the use of skilled foreign professionals permitted to work in the United States on a temporary basis.
This project is funded, in part, by a grant awarded under the H-1B Technical Skills Training Grants program, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. LEEF-LA is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Funding provided by the U.S. DOL-ETA H-1B TST Grant #HG-22706-12-60-A-6. LEEF-LA is supported with federal funds totaling $5,000,000 (86% of program) over the life of the grant.