guidelines for writing staff development proposals
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROCEDURES - for faculty
CLICK HERE for a handout of the below information...
- Applications will be approved on a first come, first served basis.
- Maximum reimbursement is $500 per school year.
- Based on funding available, committee will approve or deny request.
- Forms may be obtained from the President’s Office
~ Application for Approval of Tuition Reimbursement for Professional Development
~ Application for Tuition Reimbursement for Completion of Professional Growth Activity
- Tuition Reimbursement Committee drop box is located in the Child Development Center Office.
- Complete application, obtain supervisors signature and attach proof of enrollment/payment.
- Submit application for approval to committee (30 days prior OR by the end of second week of class). Committee will forward request to President’s Office.
- Committee will notify applicant via email if their request was approved or denied.
- Upon class completion, applicant will complete the completion form and forward all necessary attachments (transcripts or verification of attendance) to the committee ASAP or within 60 days of class ending.
- Committee will review and process paperwork and forward to the necessary departments.
- Business Office will notify applicant via email when check is ready for pick-up.
TRAVEL PROCEDURES - for faculty
CLICK HERE for a handout of the below information...
REQUESTING FUNDING AND APPROVAL FOR ATTENDANCE
- Download the "Request for Conference of Activity Attendance" form from the LACCD website: http://www.laccd.edu/faculty_staff/extranet2/forms.htm%20and fill out sections 1-11 completely. The website provides the latest forms that are required for processing. The Office of Academic Affairs has requested the form to be typed.
- All conference requests should be submitted twenty-one (21) days in advance of conference date whether funds are requested or not requested.
- Have your Department Chair sign the form, anywhere in Section 12.
- Submit the form along with documentation of the conference, workshop, meeting and/or activity to the Professional Growth Committee (Travel Committee) for approval. The Travel Committee approves the conference request not to exceed the allocated amount and inputs the funding source. If funds are not available, the documents will be noted to that effect and returned to the faculty member.
- If documents are unsigned or incomplete, the form will be returned to the faculty member. Funds will not be encumbered until the form is completed in its entirety. The key is to make sure the paper work is in order before it is submitted for approval.
- The Professional Growth Committee will notify faculty of their decision via email.
- After the Professional Growth Committee approves, the request form is sent to the Office of Academic Affairs for the administrative approval process.
- Executive Vice President
- College President
- Administrative Services
CHECKLIST (for submission)
- Request for Conference of Activity Attendance completed form
- Documentation of conference/meeting/activity
- Department Chair signature
- Copies of all paperwork
- Submit to Professional Growth Committee (Travel Committee) ~ if requesting Academic Senate travel funds
Note: You only submit your conference request form to the Travel Committee if you are requesting funds for travel.
CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE REIMBURSEMENTS
- After the faculty member attends the conference, he/she will complete two forms: a Report on Conference and a Travel Expense Claim. Both forms can be downloaded from the LACCD website, http://www.laccd.edu/faculty_staff/extranet2/forms.htm%20.
- Paste, staple, or tape all original receipts (including registration receipt) on a piece of paper. Lost receipts will result in not being reimbursed for that item(s).
- You must have an itemized receipt for all meals (not just a credit card receipt).
- Receipts are required for all items requesting reimbursement.
- Allowable meals claimed without a receipt will be reimbursed at $25 maximum for the day per district office.
- Complete the Report on Conference and Travel Expense Claim forms and forward them along with documentation of attendance and expenses to your immediate administrator (these forms do not need to go to your department chair). You should make copies of all submitted paperwork.
- Do not write in the "Approved for Payment By:" section of the Travel Expense Claim form.
- Once the reimbursement check arrives, the Business Office will notify the faculty member. Your signature is required to receive the check.
Note: The Travel Committee is not involved in travel expense claims; you will need to follow up on the status of your paperwork.
CHECKLIST (for reimbursement submission)
- Report on Conference form completed
- Travel Expense Claim form completed
- Original receipts attached to a blank sheet of paper
- Copies of all paperwork and receipts
- Submit to immediate administrator (dean)
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW…
- District travel forms located on the LACCD website: http://www.laccd.edu/faculty_staff/extranet2/forms.htm
- Additional reimbursement information can be found on the LACCD website: http://www.laccd.edu/faculty_staff/extranet2/documents/ConferenceAttendance-ReimbursementProcedure.pdf
- The conference or convention must be a benefit to the discipline or department in its service to students, or it must benefit the college as a whole.
- The conference or convention must be job or discipline related.
- Request for Travel Advance should be made 30 days in advance.
- If you wish for the district to pay for registration to an event in advance write "Please Pre-Pay" above the registration fee on the request form and submit with a Travel Advance form. Note, this will not guarantee pre-payment.
- Unused funds that have been approved and encumbered for a faculty member by the professional growth committee (travel committee) will be "disencumbered" by written request. This allows funds to be available to other faculty.
- Requested funds are allocated to pay for the days of the conference attendance only. If you wish to extend the trip at the conference location it must be taken as vacation and should be allocated to your personal funds and time. Do not include extended dates on the Request for Conference of Activity Attendance form.
- Make sure employee number is correct on all paperwork.
- The last approval for all conferences is the President (or his designee). The President is also the only approver for payment on the expense claim. Please do not sign in that portion of the form it will delay reimbursements due to incorrect signage.