2016 Global Trade & Logistics Summit
Boost To Global Trade Workforce [Word docx: 246KB]
In Southern California, seven community colleges from Los Angeles and Orange Counties have formed the Global Trade and Logistics Consortia to address the issue of educating and preparing the workforce in this vast sector.
"Global trade and the movement of goods are critical to the Los Angeles economy," said Francisco Rodriguez, chancellor of the Los Angeles Community College District. "The community colleges have an important role to play in making sure that people are trained for these and other jobs that are part of the 21st century California economy."
Key Activities & Opportunities
- Brand the best practices of industry and education collaborating around promoting GTL field
- Host town hall about career success for students and industry- “real time mentoring”
- Celebrate Flipped Classroom Project Success
- Showcase Alignment and Integration of Regional Consortium Progress Indicators
- Host an inaugural event that is branded in conjunction with LA/OC World Trade Month activities
|First Planning Meeting||Focus|
|January Regional Advisory||
SAVE the DATE: Regional GTL Summit
May 20, 2016
Location: Long Beach Marriot