Smarthinking at LASC
Through our Smarthinking Online Tutoring system, students can connect with our online tutors to get help on a number of subjects.
Connect with us to schedule a personal session with a tutor, submit questions and get help with your assignments.
- Click here for Live Tutor Schedule (Please note times are in Eastern Standard Time)
- Access the Smarthinking log-in screen
- Enter your username and password
- Username: Student LACCD email address
- Password: LASC + month and date of birthday (Ex: January 4, 1977 = 0104)
You can change your password on the “About Me” tab.
- Once you log in, use the Smarthinking Student Handbook for tips on navigating the website and using the service.
Computers and Technology
Nursing and Allied Health
Online Writing Lab
Submit writing assignments for any class to our Online Writing Lab. A tutor will provide you with detailed, personalized feedback about your essay – typically within 24 hours.
Hours of Service
Most subjects are available 24/7, click here for a schedule. (Please note times are in Eastern Standard Time)
Review these trouble-shooting tips as a first step toward resolving your problems. Make sure that you have:
- Be sure you are using a browser that will allow cookies and pop-up windows.
- If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, enable Active-X.
- You will need Adobe Flash, version 7.0+ for Windows or 7.0.24+ for Mac OS X installed. If you need to install Flash, go to http://www.adobe.com, and follow the instructions for the free download.
Click Here to view the minimum technical requirements for using Smarthinking.
- Call SMARTHINKING customer support toll-free: (888) 430-7429, ext. 1 Monday - Friday 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- E-mail SMARTHINKING at support@SMARTHINKING.com, and someone will respond to you within 24-48 hours.