Applying for Financial Aid
Monday/Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Wednesday/Thursday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Regular office hours will resume on January 6, 2014
Please bring your photo ID when visiting the Financial Aid Office. The counselors will need it to serve you.
When Should I Apply For Financial Aid?
- Financial Aid applications are available every January 1 for the next academic year, which begins in the fall semester.
- March 2 is a priority deadline for financial aid. Students who meet this deadline will be considered for financial aid programs, including Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal work Study (FWS).If you miss the priority date, you may still apply.
- If you have questions, call (323) 241-5338, email: email@example.com or visit the LASC Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building, #104. We are available to answer your questions and help you complete the forms.
The Financial Aid Process
Applying for Financial Aid Online
File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Our school code for the application is 007047. Apply as earlier as possible.
Make sure to use an email address that you will check frequently. All correspondence will be by email.
Check your email for a “document tracking letter,” which will give you further instructions and inform you about any required documentation. Most financial aid documents can be submitted online.
Log into the Student Information System. You can also access the system by clicking on “Register for Classes” on the college website's homepage
Select Los Angeles Southwest College as your Financial Aid Processing School. Click the Online Form and select academic year 2013-2014
Your priority date will be the same day your form is submitted. You must wait 48 business hours for the system to load. Once your information has been received, login to the Student Information System and continue to Step #5
Select “Financial Aid” on the right-hand side of the screen
Select “Los Angeles Southwest College,” semester and academic year from the drop down menu. Click on “FA Status” at the bottom of the page. Click “Continue”
If documents are required from you, you will see a list of “Required documents” to be completed either online and/or submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
NOTE: If the system indicates “No Record” found for Los Angeles Southwest College, you may have listed multiple colleges (within the LACCD); therefore you must select your “financial aid processing school” by following instructions on Step #4.
If you have been selected for verification, please follow these instructions:
Independent Students: Select “Complete the online verification process.” Complete the form and submit.
Dependent Students: Select “Complete verification process.” Complete the form, print, provide parent’s signature and submit to the Financial Aid Office.
- If IRS Tax Transcript for 2012 is requested, you are encouraged to return to your FAFSA and utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in place of submitting the IRS Tax Transcript. Please DO NOT make corrections to the retrieved data from IRS; otherwise, we will still be required to submit the IRS Tax Transcript.
- If you have problems transferring tax information onto FAFSA application, you can request transcripts online at www.irs.gov or call 1-800-908-9946. You can also request by mail using IRS Form 4506-T form, which is available online at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-829-3676.
The Financial Aid Office reviews applications for eligibility and automatically processes a fee waiver for eligible students. Additional documentation may be requested for some students.
The Financial Aid Office mails a financial aid award Letter to students
All Financial Aid payments are transferred electronically to myLACCDcard or bank account. New students should look for a green envelope in the mail to find information about the debit card process or how to direct payments to another account.
- Please submit the required forms to the Financial Aid Office before the established deadline or before the end of the semester
- Please take your time to read the online forms. If you submit an incomplete form online, you may be required to complete a paper form, which will delay your financial aid
- When visiting the Financial Aid Office, a valid photo ID (any government issued photo ID) is required. Students without a proper ID will not be serviced
Deadline for Cal Grants A, B Entitlement and Competitive awards and Cal Grant C Award.The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) must receive both a FAFSA and a GPA Verification form before this date.
To meet the priority deadline, your FAFSA must be processed and received by the Financial Aid Office and all required documents must be completed.
If you miss the priority deadline, you should still apply because Pell Grants, Fee Waivers, and jobs will continue to be awarded to qualified applicants throughout the academic year if funds are available. Contact the Financial Aid office with any questions at (323) 241-5338 or stop by the Student Services Building, Room 104.
Community College students must apply for the competitive Cal Grant B award.
LASC electronically transmits GPA verification for current students to the California Student Aid Commission before the March 2 and September 2 deadlines. Contact the Financial Aid Office at (323) 241-5338 to confirm that your GPA was sent.
Deadline for Federal Processor to accept FAFSAs for the academic year
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students applying for scholarships must complete additional applications that may be requested from LASC Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid applicants must use their own social security number on all documents that are submitted.
What is FAFSA?
Net Price Calculator for LASC (Fees)
Calculate how much it will cost you and your family to attend LASC using Net Price Calculator