Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Welcome to the Promise Program!
LASC’s promise to you is that any first-time, full-time college student can attend LASC tuition-free. Yes, you read that right! LASC is waiving tuition fees and providing guaranteed admission to first-year freshmen as part of the College Promise. This means that all students will receive support in their journey to complete a higher education degree and/or a certificate no matter their financial situation.
Please note: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all academic counseling at LASC will use Cranium Cafe, a meeting and collaboration platform designed specifically for student support.Once on the ConexED page, students and faculty should use the "Login with Canvas" button. Staff should use the "Guest Registration" button.
- Students can access Cranium Cafe by clicking the online counseling button on each department's web page or the counseling and live chat button on the homepage of the student portal. Students need to create an account, sign in, and can then begin chatting with counselors.
- Counselors will be available on Cranium Cafe during their typical hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 1 pm. Fridays. Students will be able to meet with a counselor from any special programs they belong to or a general counselor of their choice. Students are strongly recommended to meet with counselors from their special programs.
- Although counselors will be able to perform most functions remotely, there may be slight delays in completing some tasks such as document requests from other colleges. Please be patient. LASC Counselors are here to answer your questions and help you plan for academic success this Spring Semester and beyond.
The Promise program serves first-time college students with a comprehensive strategy designed to support students to complete a higher education degree and/or a workforce certificate. We help students "start right" on their way to "ending right" with a degree, university transfer or workforce certificate in a timely, efficient manner. Your first step to free tuition is to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application. See additional information on our "APPLY" page.
Important aspects of the program are:
- Waived tuition for two years of full-time college
- Priority enrollment
- Dedicated support team providing a wide array of academic and student support services
The Promise program is designed to prepare you for academic success and to help you in selecting the career path that's right for you. Whether you are transitioning from high school or just beginning your college education, the rigors of college life can present even the best students with challenges that require major adjustments. Sometimes getting started may seem overwhelming, as there are many decisions to make. That's why we have created a supportive environment here at Los Angeles Southwest College where there are people and programs to assist you with your college career.
There are many benefits for joining the Promise Program. They include:
- Mayor's Young Ambassador Program
- Emergency Grants
- Bookstore Vouchers
- Metro UPASS
- Academic/Transfer/Career Counseling
- College Promise Mentor Program
Los Angeles College Promise
- A student must complete a FAFSA.
- The student will automatically be considered for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver (CCPGFW), provided eligibility exists, a separate application is not needed.
- The student must attend full-time (12-15 units)
California College Promise
- First-time college student
- A student must complete a FAFSA.
- The student will automatically be considered for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver (CCPGFW), provided eligibility exists, a separate application is not needed
- The student must attend full time
The Los Angeles College Promise serves LAUSD, non LAUSD, and charter school graduates through a comprehensive strategy designed to support students to complete a higher education degree and/or a work-force certificate. Apply today!
Due to the coronavirus (CoVid19) epidemic, our orientations will be offered virtually using ZOOM. You will NOT be required to sign up for a ZOOM account. You will be provided with all the information you need. Please make sure you have completed the Los Angeles Southwest College and College Promise application FIRST. In addition, you will need your LASC student ID number. Please fill out our form to start the orientation process.