Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Parking Permit Refund Policy Announced
Posted on: 09/02/2021
Students that are completing their course work at Los Angeles Community College District schools, including Los Angeles Southwest College, and have an application on file for graduation and those students that plan to transfer, will automatically be provided a refund of 50% of the cost of their Parking Permits in light of the coronavirus outbreak that has pushed all classes to a remote learning environment.
All other students will be allowed to use their current Parking Permits for parking when the on-campus classes are resumed in the Summer sessions and/or Fall semesters of 2020.
The Office of Centralized Student Accounts, Educational Programs and Institutional Effectiveness, and Information Technology have worked to adjust the student information system to provide refunds to students who drop any and all classes after February 24, 2020. February 24 is the census day for the traditional Spring 2020 term. These students will be refunded through the weekly Financial Aid, non-Financial Aid and credit card refunds processes.
If there is a credit balance remaining after the withdrawal, the following action will be taken:
- The refund updates affect all mandatory fees: enrollment, NR Tuition (F1 also), and Student Rep Fees (if all classes are dropped). The optional ASO fee is non-refundable since all nine LACCD ASO/U/G Offices will continue to engage students remotely.
- There is an unresolved issue related to charges and refunds for the second 8-week classes starting April 14.
- 50% of parking fees will be refunded for students who are expected to graduate or transfer at the end of Spring 2020. The LACCD offices will work with the college's Admissions & Records personnel to identify these students and refund them automatically.
- All other students will not be provided with a Parking Permit refund. They will be allowed to use their Spring 2020 parking permits for Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 or a future semester when in-person classes are resumed.
- All students expecting a refund should set up their Bank Mobile accounts to either choose Bank Mobile VIBE or connect the account with their own bank for ACH deposits. Students with no social security number (SSN) on file will receive a check from Bank Mobile.