Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Dream Resource Center
Welcome to the Dream Resource Center!
Los Angeles Southwest College's Dream Resource Center embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms and aims to be a resource for undocumented immigrant students and their families. We want to empower and support you to achieve educational and personal success.
Please note: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all academic counseling at LASC will use Cranium Cafe, a meeting and collaboration platform designed specifically for student support.
Once on the ConexED page, students and faculty should use the "Login with Canvas" button. Staff should use the "Guest Registration" button
- Students can access Cranium Cafe by clicking the online counseling button on each department's web page or the counseling and live chat button on the homepage of the student portal. Students need to create an account, sign in, and can then begin chatting with counselors.
- Counselors will be available on Cranium Cafe during their typical hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 1 pm. Fridays. Students will be able to meet with a counselor from any special programs they belong to or a general counselor of their choice. Students are strongly recommended to meet with counselors from their special programs.
- Although counselors will be able to perform most functions remotely, there may be slight delays in completing some tasks such as document requests from other colleges. Please be patient. LASC Counselors are here to answer your questions and help you plan for academic success this Spring Semester and beyond.
More about the Dream Resource Center: At the Dream Resource Center, we can offer you many services including:
- Academic Counseling - You will have access to our incredible counselors who can talk
with you about:
- Career options and recommend careers that match your interests and skills.
- Arrange your class schedule and create an education plan
- Advice on student support services to succeed in college.
- They are your resource! So, talk with them about life, school, work, or whatever is on your mind.
- California Dream Act and AB 540 Affidavit Application Assistance
- Receive FREE individual counseling at LASC’s Student Mental Health Services
- Addressing academic, emotional, developmental, social, relationship. or other personal issues.
- California Nonresident Tuition Exemption (AB540 Affidavit) Application Assistance – allows you to pay in-state or resident tuition.
- Residency Status Questions
- We offer workshops and one-on-one counseling services to keep you up-to-date on all of the legal matters you need to know about.
- Enrollment and Registration Assistance
Immigrants Rising is committed to serving undocumented communities during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. They put together this list of resources to help undocumented immigrants navigate the crisis.
The state Chancellor's Office has created this tip sheet.
For a listing of our upcoming events, check out our calendar.
We are committed to providing resources for you to continue your education, and scholarships are a great way to get money for college! Take a look at all of the opportunities available to you:
- My Undocumented Life provides up-to-date information and resources for undocumented students.
- The Maldef Scholarship Resource Guide provides an extensive list of scholarships, including many that do not inquire about immigration status.
- Immigrants Rising Download a list of Undergraduate Scholarships that don’t require proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency. This up-to-date list, organized by the deadline, contains scholarships at the local, state and national levels.
Step 1: Apply to LASC today!
Contact the Dream Resource Center if you need help applying.
The LASC School Code is 0074700
The priority deadline is March 2nd
Step 3: Complete an AB 540 Affidavit (also known as a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption)
to Admissions and Records Office, Room 102, SSB
with your official High School Transcripts or High School Equivalency Certificate
Step 4: Develop Your Student Education Plan with a college academic counselor or one of our Dream Center counselors to help you achieve your goals.
Step 5: If you do not meet AB 540 guidelines, visit us to explore other options
The Undocumented Ally Training is a network of Los Angeles Southwest College (LASC) faculty, staff, managers, and students that are committed to providing support, education, and understanding to our LASC undocumented students.
To be an Ally, you must attend a three-hour training that includes the following:
- Overview of history, laws, and policies affecting undocumented students
- Review of statistics on the undocumented student population
- Provide information about resources for undocumented students on campus
- Reveal the lived experiences of undocumented students
- Discuss and practice what it means to be an ally to undocumented students
- Opportunity to connect with other LASC community members to share ideas on supporting undocumented students
Are you interested in getting FREE immigration legal assistance through Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA)? CHIRLA is offering FREE immigration legal services for the LASC Dream Resource Center every other Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Click here to schedule your appointment.
If you would like to find out about more services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Los Angeles City College
Phone: (323) 343-4367
East Los Angeles College
Phone: (619) 701-6420
Los Angeles Harbor College
Phone: (213) 761-8976
Los Angeles Mission College
Phone: (818) 833-3599
Los Angeles Pierce College
Phone: (818) 869-4563
Los Angeles Southwest College
Phone: (323) 241-5051/5052
Los Angeles Trade-Tech College
Phone: (213) 763-5552
Los Angeles Valley College
West Los Angeles College
CSU Dream Centers
CSULA Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center
Phone: (323) 343-4367
CSUN EOP Dream Center
CSUDH Toro Dreamers Success Center
Phone: (310) 243-2782
UCs Dream Centers
UCLA Undocumented Student Program
Phone: (310) 206-2980
UCI Dream Center
Phone: (949) 824-6390
UCR Undocumented Student Program
Phone: (951) 827-2193
LASC Dream Center Counselors Roxana M. Guzman Cholan and Dulce I. Marquez Ortiz