What You’ll Learn at LASC in History
You can get Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees through LASC’s History program where you will enhance your rationale and critical-thinking skills in order to gain understanding of the complexities of today’s world:
- Develop a holistic perspective on issues ranging from local politics to national conversations so you can analyze situations with this context to understand the historical and cultural factors around how and why people react to situations the way they do.
- Advance your research, critical-thinking, and analytical skills to write research papers by studying different sources and finding relevant information to build discussions for your point of view in order to form evidence-based conclusions.
- Build communication and language skills through group and research projects, expand your objectivity skills to make measured and rational decisions within your research, and enhance your curiosity and observation skills to find different ways to look at events and societal changes.
- Discover the complexities of culture and understand the role it plays in human behavior so you can solve issues, make comparisons, and gain a better understanding of how culture impacts people.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- To transfer with an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) degree in History, you’ll save money on your first two years of college at LASC learning from thought-provoking, dedicated faculty. Plus, you can graduate with guaranteed admission into a CSU, and some UCs! See your academic counselor for details.