Evaluation of Transcripts

Construction Student

We will evaluate your transcripts!

We evaluate transcripts for courses taken at other colleges, universities, and academic institutions for new and prospective students and international students who wish to have credit for these courses.

New and Prospective Students

Have you taken college-level courses at another college, university, or academic institution that you’d like to have credited towards your academic goals at LASC? Do you have prior training or military experience that could count towards bypassing a prerequisite course? If so, here’s how to see your previous courses or experience can be credited towards your academic goals.

If you attended a college, university, or academic institution, have your official transcripts sent by the college or institution you attended to the address below to be reviewed:

Los Angeles Southwest College
Attn: Admissions & Records
Room 102
1600 West Imperial Highway
Los Angeles, CA 90047-4899

If you have prior training where your experience could be the equivalent of a course here at LASC, talk with your academic counselor about how you can take a College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) test. We also recommend reviewing the Credit By Examination section of the Course Catalog for more information on this and other tests you can gain credit for past knowledge or experiences.

If you were in the military, please visit the Veterans Resource Center, and they will talk with you about your experiences and training during your service and how they can match up towards credits towards your academic goals.

Please note: Admissions & Records will not accept official transcripts delivered to the office in person. We also do not review courses where you received a W, NC, or NP. And, your Grade Point Average (GPA) may be affected by the approved courses you request us to review from the transcripts you submit.

Once we have received your transcripts, we will review them and contact you via your LASC email account to let you know our results. Evaluation review requests are completed in the order they are received.

If you have any questions, please schedule a QLess appointment with Admissions & Records.

International Students

Have you taken courses at a university or college abroad that you’d like to have transferred for credit here at LASC? If so, your transcript needs to be reviewed by one of these approved agencies:

Agencies Approved by the Commission for Foreign Transcript Evaluation

We also recommend reviewing the Credit By Examination section of the Course Catalog for more information about exams you can take to get credit for previous professional and academic knowledge and experience.

International Students, please contact the International Student Services Office if you have any questions.

If you are a U.S. citizen with credits you’d like to transfer from another country’s college or university, please make a QLess appointment with Admissions & Records.

Counseling Department

Office Hours and Location

Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed

Student Services Building, Room 227


Katrin Wilson, Chair
Email: @email
Phone: (323) 241-5200