Welcome To Dual Enrollment at LASC!
The Dual Enrollment program offers local high school students free college courses on their high school campus for student convenience. The student has the potential to complete the first year of college BEFORE graduating high school.
WHY ENROLL IN DUAL ENROLLMENT CLASSES?
- Accumulate college credits for free
- Free textbook rentals
- Free access to resources and services
- Explore different careers, majors and interests
- Get exposed to college expectations
- Strengthen your transcripts and academic performance
- Graduate college on time or even early.
- GPA of 2.00 or higher
- Completion of LASC admissions application
- Completion of the School/Parent Approval Form, which can be obtained from your high school's Dual Enrollment coordinator
- Willingness to accept the rigor and content of college classes
IMPORTANT PROGRAM FACTS
- Classes could be offered before, during, or after normal high school schedule
- Student participation requires both parent and school official approval
- Classes offered vary by semester
- Courses are transferable to most four-year universities (UC and CSUs)