Welcome to the Community Services Program!
Enrich, Develop, and Empower
The Los Angeles Southwest College Community Services Program's mission is dedicated to providing the means and opportunity to enrich and empower the diverse members of our community. We strive to develop and provide quality programs and services to meet the personal, professional, and physical development needs of our community.
To achieve the mission, the LASC Extended College Program will include areas of concentration such as certificate programs, parenting classes, youth development, personal and professional development, business development and career enrichment and much more.
FOUR EASY WAYS TO REGISTER
Visit Community Services Office in SSEC 110 A
Our office hours are:
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, our offices are temporarily closed.
Enrolling in an LASC Extension course by phone couldn’t be easier. Give us a call during office hours and we’ll register you then and there. Be sure to have your credit card number handy so we can help you quickly.
A refund request may be granted only if you notify the Community Services Department at least five days prior to the first class. There are no refunds after this date or after the class begins. There is a $10 service charge per class for each refund requested. All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing. Failure to attend class does not warrant consideration for a refund.
To transfer to another class within the same catalog, requests must be received at least five days before the first class. There is a $5 service charge for each transfer requested. There are no transfers after this date or after the class begins.
The Community Services Department reserves the right to cancel any class that has insufficient enrollment. Classes are canceled prior to the first day of class if minimum enrollment is not achieved. Every attempt will be made to contact the student by phone. The students will then be given the option to receive a full refund or credit toward other classes. There is no service charge for classes that are canceled by the department.
REFUND OPTIONS BY PAYMENT METHOD
Credit Card - A refund will be credited to the patron’s credit card account. For material fees, the student has the option of receiving a check refund.
Cash or Check - Students may request that a check refund be mailed to them. Refund checks can take up to eight weeks to be processed. Students must request refunds in person at the Community Services office during office hours. There is a $7 service charge per class for each refund requested. If classes are canceled by Community Services, there are no service charges.
Community Education is proud to partner with our online provider, Ed2Go, to offer a variety of online courses. We offer two types of online course experiences: Fundamental Courses and Career Training programs. Both are non-academic and not-for-credit. The Career Training Programs award a certificate of completion upon passing the program.
- Lifelong learning courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, easy to use, and lead by an expert instructor.
- Comprehensive online courses available in an instructor-led six week, or self-paced format.
- Expert instructors lead each course
- Engaging student discussion areas
- Confirmation of completion awarded with passing score
Online Career Training Programs
- Programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, who work to provide the student with effective web-based learning experiences
- Learn in-demand skills recognized by employers
- Many courses prepare the student for a national certification
- Start anytime - work at your own pace and complete in 3 to 6 months and up to a year
- Textbooks and learning materials are included
- Support offered via phone, email, or live chat 7 days a week
- Expert instructor assistance provided
- Career Counselors are provided
Continuing Education Division
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Saturdays and Sundays: Closed
Student Services Education Center, Room 110A
Laura Perez, Dean of Continuing Education
Phone: (323) 241-5281