Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs
LASC's Office of Academic Affairs oversees all aspects of instructional learning, including for-credit courses, transfer programs, vocational and community programs, and online education, to ensure you have access to superior programs and academic courses. Our primary focus is to collaborate with our exceptional faculty to promote student success and opportunity with quality instruction and learning.
We realize your success is built upon our foresight in this ever-changing world. That’s why we are constantly updating our courses and programs to make sure, wherever possible, you have access to the latest in technological and academic advancements, including using platforms in library research to help you in finding the information you need when you need it. Our academic leadership and faculty collaborate to make certain you are preparedness to succeed in your academic and career goals.
Led by Dr. Lawrence Bradford, Vice President of Academic Affairs, our office is responsible for the following:
- Academic program and curriculum development, review, and improvement
- Course planning and organization
- Faculty hiring, evaluation, and support
- Standards of accreditation
- Enrollment and scheduling management
- Assessing student learning outcomes
- Development and encouragement of teaching and learning
- Community Services
- Special Program
LASC's Faculty Handbook can be viewed here.
Educational Master Plan
Review LASC's 2017-21 Educational Master Plan
Faculty members should call (323) 241-5285 if they are going to be absent.
- Los Angeles Community College District Risk Management Request for Field Trip Insurance Rider
- Los Angeles Community College District Excursion Field Trip Form Students
- Fillable Office Hours Form (fillable)
- Absence Certification Request for Faculty and Classified Employees
Faculty Seniority List
Faculty seniority lists can be viewed on Share Point.
Interested in working at Los Angeles Southwest College? Then visit https://www.laccd.edu/Employment/Pages/default.aspx.
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Cox Building, Room 507
Lawrence Bradford, Vice President Academic Affairs
Phone: (323) 241-5284
Fax: (323) 241-5476