Admissions & Records
Welcome to the Office Of Admissions and Records!
The Admissions and Record office is committed to providing a student-centered and equitable learning environment designed to empower a diverse student population and the surrounding community to achieve their academic and career goals by attaining certificates and associate degrees leading to transfer and workforce preparation, eliminating systemic racism and exclusion, and becoming a model educational institution for the success of students of color.
The Admissions & Records Office is the initial contact for the future, present, and former students of Los Southwest College (LASC). The services provided by Admissions include but are not limited to:
- Processing applications
- Registering students in classes
- Transcripts of records
- Maintaining student academic records
- Processing of graduation petitions
- Processing of transfer and registered nursing certification
- Processing of certificates of completion/skill awards
- As well as maintaining attendance and accounting documentation of student attendance and grades
The Office of Admissions assists current and prospective students with various college admission and enrollment policies and procedures, including the college application process, adding/dropping classes, transcript and verification of enrollment requests, records, student information changes, petitions, General Education Certification (CSU/IGETC), and graduation. Our office is just one of many student services available to provide information and support for student success. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of other resources and services on campus to help you achieve your educational and career goals. Thank you for choosing LASC as your “Destination for Learning”. We are the point of contact for all students no matter what service and/or educational goal they have. Students come to our office to request information on how to access services or programs of study here at LASC.
Check Out Our Informational Videos!
Petition For Review of Grade
Supplemental Residency Questionnaire
AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request
LACCD Certification of Homeless Status
LACCD Loss of Enrollment BOGW Fee Waiver Appeal fillable form
Pass/No-Pass Grade Petition
LACCD Nonresident Tuition Fee Waiver
LASC Academic Renewal Petition
LASC General Petition
LASC Mailed Transcript Request Form
LASC Removal of Substandard Grade Petition
LASC Request For Duplicate Diploma or Certificate of Completion
LASC Student Information Change Form
Are you having problems logging into your Canvas account? Contact the Admissions Office using our online chat room.
For more on Canvas, visit our information page.
Students can register for classes online and new students and inactive students who have been away from LASC for a year or more can apply for admission to LASC
Contact us if you need any help with your registration and enrollment.
- Processing online applications can take up to three (3) days (excluding holidays and weekends).
- We offer Saturday registration only during the first two Saturdays after the beginning of the semester.
- We do not accept official college transcripts from students over the counter. Transcripts must be mailed from the college, university, or institution that is providing this information on your behalf.
- All tuition and fees are paid for at the Business Office. You can use our Net Price Calculator to see how much it will cost you and your family to attend LASC.
- New Students to LASC must attend an Orientation Session through the Outreach & Recruitment Department before meeting with an Academic Counselor to create an Education Plan.
- Education Plans are a list of all the courses you need to take each semester in order to meet your educational goals.
- Continuing Students will receive registration information via their Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) email account. You can also log into the Student Information System to view your registration appointment.
- For non-residents of the U.S., we offer two ways you can have your tuition fees dropped, if you qualify:
- International students with an F-1 Visa, or those who wish to become an International Student and have a student visa, visit our International Student Program for more information.
Los Angeles Southwest College COVID-19K-12 Supplemental Application for Admission Process
Step 1: The student initiates the K-12 application form.
Step 2: A counselor completes the "College Enrollment Information" section, making sure to identify the Term, College Course Subject, Course Number, and Class Number (i.e. Health 11 12345). Counselor prints name, signs name using Adobe Acrobat Fill and Sign or Draw feature, saves the document, and forwards document and a copy of the student’s unofficial high school transcript to email@example.com. Documentation must be submitted by the published deadline in the Schedule of Classes.
Step 3: Vice President of Student Services will review all K-12 forms and forward them to Admissions and Records. Denied K-12 applications will be returned to the student. Forms submitted after the published deadline will not be approved.
Step 4: Students are responsible for enrolling in the approved courses via the student information system (SIS) portal, during their assigned registration time. Students are responsible for dropping classes that they do not wish to complete.
* New students must complete the LACCD admissions application prior to submitting the K-12 form.
For questions, please contact Admissions and Records during business hours via live chat.
The deadline to receive an automatic EW non-evaluative grade is the last day to drop with a W/EW for the course (e.g., the end of week 12).
The EW grade will automatically post on your student record after you successfully drop the class. To withdraw from a class, log on to your student portal at MyCollege.laccd.edu and click on the “Manage Classes” tile and select the “Drop Classes” tab from the menu. Follow the instructions to drop the class.
After the last day to drop with a W/EW date, a student who continues to experience personal, professional, or academic challenges due to COVID-19 may request an EW by sending an email from their district email account to the A&R email address.
Students may request an EW grade up to one year.
Contact us during our Office Hours at 323-241-5321, or you can email your Admissions Assistant anytime. Just look for the Admissions Assistant who is assigned to your last name. You’ll see Assistants with a section of the alphabet next to their name: Alphabet A-F, G-L, M-R, S-Z.
The Office of Admissions and Records provides services to prospective, new, current, and former students in the areas of admissions, registration, graduation, transcripts, and record maintenance by creating a positive environment that values diversity, multiculturalism, and mutual respect. We are committed to assisting faculty and the college community to provide services and support in meeting the needs of our students to ensure a smooth transition in achieving their educational goals.
Through the Office of Admissions & Records, students will know how to use the Student Portal to view their student records registration appointment and to register/add/drop classes. Those applying to LASC will know how to use the online Admissions application to apply for admission to the College.
Admissions & Records
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 1:00PM and 4:00PM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Cranium Cafe Live Chat
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Building, Room 102
Angela Torres, Admissions and Records Supervisor