Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Admissions & Records
Welcome to the Office Of Admissions and Records!
Thank you for choosing Los Angeles Southwest College! We’re so happy you have decided to get an outstanding education with exceptional instructors, staff, and administrators here at LASC. Everyone in Admissions & Records looks forward to helping you get started!Please note: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all admissions and records services at LASC will use Cranium Cafe, a meeting and collaboration platform designed specifically for student support.
- Students can access Cranium Cafe by clicking the Live Chat button on the department's web page or the counseling and live chat button on the homepage of the student portal.
- Students need to create an account, sign in, and can then begin chatting with counselors. Admissions and Records staff will be available on Cranium Cafe during their typical hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 1 pm. Fridays.
The Office of Admissions & Records, also known as A&R, assist you:
- Use our computers to apply for admission*
- Register for classes using our computers or have our staff help you*
- Get official transcripts*
- Pick up degrees & certificates
- Receive a printout of your semester class schedule
- Ask questions about any of the above items
For your convenience, you can complete these items online, too!
Further online services offered through A&R are:
- Add/Drop a Class
- Add yourself to the wait-list for a full class
- Get unofficial transcripts
- Retrieve a forgotten or misplaced LASC Student ID number
Through our QLess appointment app, you can easily schedule an appointment or join a ‘virtual line’ and we’ll notify you when we’re ready to see you.
Four ways to sign up for our QLess virtual line:
- Download the QLess appointment app to your phone through your phone’s app store:
- Apple iOS
- Text: LASC AR to 323-616-2197
- Go to the QLess website and sign in
- Sign in at our onsite Kiosk located in the Student Services Building lobby in front of our Room 102 You can wait in the Student Services Building lobby where monitors will show where you are in line, and announce when we are ready for you.
Contact us if you need any help with your registration and enrollment.
- Processing online applications can take up to three (3) business days (excluding holidays and weekends).
- We offer Saturday registration only during the first two Saturdays after the beginning of the semester.
- We do not accept official college transcripts from students over the counter. Transcripts must be mailed from the college, university, or institution that is providing this information on your behalf.
- All Tuition and Fees are paid at the Business Office. You can use our Net Price Calculator to see how much it will cost you and your family to attend LASC.
- New Students to LASC must attend an Orientation Session through the Outreach & Recruitment
Department before meeting with an Academic Counselor to create an Education Plan.
- Education Plans are a list of all the courses you need to take each semester in order to meet your educational goals.
- Continuing Students will receive registration information via their Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) email account. You can also log into the Student Information System to view your registration appointment.
- For non-residents of the U.S., we offer two ways you can have your tuition fees dropped, if you qualify:
- International students with an F-1 Visa, or those who wish to become an International Student and have a student visa, visit our International Student Program for more information.
Through the Office of Admissions & Records, students will know how to use the Student Portal to view their student records registration appointment and to register/add/drop classes. Those applying to LASC will know how to use the online Admissions application to apply for admission to the College.