What You’ll Learn at LASC in Teacher Preparation
You can get an Associate in Arts in Liberal Studies degree through LASC’s in Teacher Preparation program where you will gain detailed insight into the development and learning of children from birth to age eight, become knowledgeable about developmentally appropriate curriculum for differently-abled children, and prepare for a future career in teaching:
- Discover how to lead a classroom of young children through lesson and curriculum planning and developing learning strategies so you can prepare your lessons and curriculum for your own classrooms.
- Gain an understanding of how a child development center operates by putting your classroom knowledge into action at LASC’s Child Development Center.
- Problem-solve and think critically through challenging behaviors both inside and outside of the classroom so you understand best practices regardless of the situation that arises.
- Learn how to check your own biases when it comes to education and educating children so you ensure everyone has the same opportunity to get the best possible education.
- Want to transfer? You can transfer with an Associate in Art in Liberal Studies: Teacher Preparation. You may also want to check out the Associate in Science for Transfer (AST) degree in Early Childhood Education where you can graduate with guaranteed admission at a CSU, and some UCs. Either degree you choose at LASC will save you money on your first two years of college learning from exceptional, innovative faculty. See your academic counselor for more information.