What You’ll Learn at LASC in Social Services
You can get a Skill Certificate (SC) through LASC’s Social Services program where you will develop empathy and compassion, expand your imagination, and become an advocate in your community:
- Discover where major problems are in various social assistance programs so you can begin to develop possible solutions to overcoming them.
- Imagine a community-based, collaborative approach to solving a specific social problem in your community. Create a plan that can feasibly come to life!
- Understand the important role that social work plays in the lives of people, and in society.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to get a bachelor’s degree? Visit your academic counselor or the Transfer Center to find out how you can benefit from going to a four-year college or university to gain even more academic knowledge and hands-on techniques to build upon what you will learn at LASC and allow you to become a social worker even faster.