Los Angeles Southwest College Building

Business Office

Welcome To The Business Office!

We offer you many valuable services so you can complete your enrollment at the Business Office. Here you can pay your enrollment and student fees, receive refunds, and review and ask questions about fees, account holds, and fee waivers.

Further information about fees and fee waivers are listed below the price guide, as well as information on how to pay your fees, receive a refund, and who to contact if you have questions.

Mandatory Student Fees Enrollment: $46 per unit

Health Services: Summer 2020 is $8.00 per intersession

Effective fall 2020, the Student Health Fee will be as follow:

  • $19 for Fall and Spring term
  • $16 for Winter/Summer term

ASO Representation Fee: $2 per semester

Out-of-State Tuition (students outside California): $282.00 per unit

International Tuition (foreign students): $282.00 per unit

International Medical Insurance Fee – Fall / Spring: $761.00 per term

International Medical Insurance Fee – Summer: $351.00 per term

International Medical Insurance Fee – Winter: $183.00 per term

General Student Parking Permit – Fall / Spring: $20.00 per term

General Student Parking Permit – Winter / Summer: $7.00 per term

Associated Student Organization – Fall / Spring: $7.00 per term

Associated Student Organization – Winter / Summer: $3.00 per term

Official Regular Transcripts*: $3.00

Official Rush Transcripts**: $10.00

* Official Regular Transcripts: Allow 3-5 business days processing time
** Official Transcripts – RUSH: Same-day processing time

Parking Permits are required at all times – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • There will be a one-week grace period during the first week of each semester. After the first week of each semester, parking citations will be issued on vehicles that do not properly display a valid parking permit.
  • Students who park in faculty and staff parking spaces will be cited. This includes the 30-minute lot off of Denker Ave. and the 30-minute parking stalls on the north side of the School of Career Technical Education (SoCTE) building which parallels Imperial Highway.
  • Daily parking permits can be purchased from parking kiosk machines found in Lots 3, 4, & 8 for $2.00.
  • Semester parking permits can be purchased in person at the Business Office or you can purchase them& online and pick them up at the Business Office 24 hours after the purchase.

Due to the current COVI D 19 health crisis, we offer only one way to pay for your Student Fees and Parking Permit. You can pay online via the online student portal.

Pay Online
Pay your fees and parking permit online via the Student Information System.

Learn how to pay for student fees online here.

Learn how to pay for parking online here.

All California community colleges have the same base enrollment/tuition fee per unit for both residents and non-residents.

Some students qualify for a fee waiver which is when the tuition fees are reduced or completely removed. To see if you qualify for a fee waiver, visit the Financial Aid Office to review all of LASC’s financial aid programs.

Our Student Information System will automatically generate weekly student refunds, so there is no need for you to request a refund.

If your fees were paid with a credit card, your refund will be shown as a credit to the credit card you used to originally pay your fees. If you paid your fees with cash or a check, we will send you a check with your refund amount.

If you have any questions about your refund, please contact our Office at 323-241-5301.

Q – Will I be dropped if I cannot pay the student fees?
A – As of Fall 2017, students will not be dropped from classes if payment is not made.However, a HOLD will be placed on your student account. Going forward LACCD will review and decide whether to implement “Pay to Stay” (Drop from classes if full payment is not made). Students will receive an email communication to inform if and when “Pay to Stay” is implemented.

Q - I have a Financial Aid Overpayment hold on my account, what do I do?
A – There are two types of Financial Aid Overpayment. B16(6) hold and B18(Q) hold. B16 hold is a Financial Aid Overpayment owed to the college. This balance can be found on the online student portal. Payment can also be made via the online student portal.

B18 hold is a Financial Aid Overpayment owed to the Department of Education. This balance cannot be found on the online student portal. Payment can be made via the online student portal. Afterward, the payment is forward to the Department of Education.

Q – I dropped my classes on time, but I still owe fees?
A - Please check with Admissions and Records, to make sure the drop date occurred before the deadline date. If the classes were dropped on time, the student will receive a refund.For payments made with debit/credit card, the refund will be sent back to the original debit/credit card that was originally used to make payment. For payments made with cash/check, a student refund check will be issued.

Q - I did not receive my Financial Aid, and the Bank Mobile advised me to contact the Business Office
A – Business Office can assist students in determining their Bank Mobile status. There are 5 status markers that need to be cleared before a student can receive a financial aid refund:

  • BioDemo file submission
  • Accept/ Reject BioDemo file
  • Personal Code/Instant Code Issuance
  • Student creating Bank Mobile profile(Personal Code/Instant Code required)
  • Financial Aid Disbursement

Business Office can only assist students with the first three status markers. Financial Aid Office can assist with the last status marker.

Q – Why do I have charges on my account since I am still in High School? How can I correct my record and how long will my profile be updated?
A – Students that are currently in high school and are attending LASC classes, need to submit a high school waiver form(K-12 form). After the high school waiver form is complete, the form can be turned into LASC Admissions and Records. LASC Admissions and Records will process the form in the same day of submission. Afterward, the student account balance will reflect a high school student waiver.

Q - Why do I have to pay for Health, Rep and ASO fees?
A – Health fee is a mandatory fee. The health fee is accessed when a student attends an in-person or online class. ASO and Rep fees are not mandatory fees. These fees can be opted out prior to the start of the term. Opt out is done via the online student portal.

Q – How do I access my 1098-T form?
A - Starting January 2019, students can access their 1098-T form via Peoplesoft student self-service portal. Students will need to register with HeartLand ECSI in order to access their 1098-T. LACCD retains 1098-T for only two prior years. Prior year 1098-T can also be accessed HeartLand ECSI.

Business Office staff will be working remotely during the current health pandemic, if you have questions about your student account, please send an email to@email.

Business Office staff will only able to answer phone calls on campus on Thursdays, if you have questions about your student account, please call 323-241-5301.

Business Office

Office Hours and Location

Mondays to Thursdays: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
4:00PM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 1:00PM
* Cashier window hours
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed

Student Services Building, Room 103


Jason Zhu
Email: @email
Phone: (323) 241-5301
LASC Employee Directory