Register for Classes Today
Noncredit Adult and Continuing Education Services
Welcome to the Noncredit Adult & Continuing Education Services Center!
NACES will be offering remote services for the rest of the spring semester
There is so much you can learn to help you reach your personal, academic, career, and citizenship goals. And, all of the Noncredit classes we offer are FREE!
We can help you enroll in LASC and with your financial aid paperwork so you can see if you qualify for free money for books and other expenses you have from taking classes. We also have English as a Second Language (ESL) and citizenship classes at other locations around southern Los Angeles to make it easier to attend them.
NACES can help you:
- Preparing for college-level English and math classes
- Moving from noncredit to credit classes
- Becoming a United States citizen
- Deciding what classes to take after talking with you about your college and life goals (academic counseling)
- Signing up for the noncredit courses you want to take through LASC’s registration system (registration)
- We can also help you register at all of our off-campus locations on any day there is a class
- Learning about all of the opportunities available to you at LASC (advising)
- Understanding what you need to do as a student through our Orientation meetings (orientation)
- Finding out which level of English and math you should start in (assessment)
- Preparing to pass the High School Equivalency Test
- Discovering ways for you to become more involved at work and in your community
- Applying for different financial aid applications, such as:
- Connecting with different on-campus departments and programs, and local community organizations.
- Locating your ESL level through CASAS assessments
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Como Iniciar La Sesion en Canvas para Estudiantes
Todos los usuarios de Canvas deben iniciar sesión en el NUEVO PeopleSoft SIS y hacer clic en el enlace de Canvas para acceder a Canvas LMS.
Sitio web del SIS: mycollege.laccd.edu
SIS LoginID: su número de identificación de estudiante de 9 dígitos (ejemplo: 881234567 o 991234567)
Contraseña de SIS: los estudiantes usarán la misma contraseña para acceder al nuevo PeopleSoft SIS y Canvas.
NOTA:No tendrá acceso a Canvas el mismo día que se registre para un curso. Pueden transcurrir
1-2 días hábiles después del registro antes de que su inicio de sesión funcione, si
el semestre ha comenzado. De lo contrario, su acceso de Canvas debería funcionar el
primer día de clase.
- Instrucciones para estudiantes nuevos que ingresan a PeopleSoft SIS (PDF)
- Para restablecimiento de contraseña: haga clic aquí
TUTORIALES EN VIDEO PARA CANVAS
- Instrucciones para activar subtitulos (PDF)
- Como ingresar a Canvas (VIDEO)
- Cambiar el idioma a español en Canvas (VIDEO)
- Como bajar la aplicación de Canvas a su teléfono (VIDEO)
- Como entrar a su correo electrónico (VIDEO)
- Como descargar y usar Zoom en su teléfono (VIDEO)
- Como traducir los mensajes en su Correo electrónico a español (VIDEO)
- Como reenviar su correo electronico de la escuela a su correo electronico personal (VIDEO)
- Como hablar con su consejera en linea (VIDEO)
Canvas Login For Students
All Canvas users need to log into the NEW PeopleSoft SIS and click on the Canvas link
to access the Canvas LMS.
SIS Website: mycollege.laccd.edu
SIS LoginID: Your 9 digit student ID number (example: 881234567 or 991234567)
SIS Password: Students will be using the same password to access the new PeopleSoft SIS and Canvas.
NOTE: You will not have access to Canvas on the same day you register for a course. It can
take 1-2 business days after registration before your login will work if the semester
has started. Otherwise, your Canvas access should work on the first day of class.
VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR CANVAS
- Instructions to set up Closed Caption (PDF)
- Canvas Log in (VIDEO)
- Change language in Canvas (VIDEO)
- Download Canvas on your phone (VIDEO)
- How to access your email (VIDEO)
- How to download and use Zoom App on your phone (VIDEO)
- How to translate your email to another language (VIDEO)
- How to chat with your counselor online (VIDEO)
NONCREDIT CLASS SCHEDULE
For registration, you can contact us at 323-241-5281 or email@example.com
June 15 - July 19
Beginning ESL (ESL NC 008CE)
|11872||08:30 AM - 11:00 AM||Remote||J. Reed|
|11873||06:30 PM - 09:00 PM||Remote||M. Howells|
Intermediate ESL (ESL NC 011CE)
|12284||08:30 AM - 11:00 AM||Remote||S. Gumucio|
|12285||06:30 PM - 09:00 PM||Remote||S. Lyons|
Advanced ESL (ESL NC 012CE)
|13027||08:30 AM - 11:00 AM||Remote||S. Engle|
|13028||06:30 PM - 09:00 PM||Remote||E. Cazares|
Workplace Readiness-Computer (Voc Ed 003CE)
|08:30 AM - 11:00 AM||Remote||A. Duarte|
Computer Literacy for College Readiness (Voc Ed 290CE)
|06:30 PM - 09:00 PM||Remote||M. Chilin|
July 15 - August 9
ESL for Citizenship
ESL NC 104CE
|06:30 PM - 7:55 PM||Remote||S. McMahon|
ESL NC 105CE
|08:05 PM - 08:35 PM||Remote|
These classes are designed to introduce students to the computer-related vocabulary, give them a basic understanding of the Microsoft Windows Operating System and to help them develop basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, MS PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and E-mail applications.
WORKPLACE READINESS - COMPUTERS (BASIC)
Vocational Education 003CE
This course helps students develop computer skills essential to the workplace as well as educational success. Students will develop word processing skills necessary to create, format and edit common documents and forms. Students will also develop Internet research skills and critical thinking skills to organize and evaluate information. Some previous experience using computers and keyboarding skills will increase success
in this course. This course can be adapted for second language learners.
COMPUTER LITERACY FOR COLLEGE (ADVANCED)
Vocational Education 290CE
This course combines lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to correctly operate and use basic computer hardware, software, operating systems and file management necessary to be a successful college student. These computer skills are only necessary for many entry-level jobs. Students will learn how to effectively use the Internet and protect their personal information and identity online. Students will learn the basics for digital and social media tools as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint software.
- Naturalization Application (N-400)
- USCIS Fee Waiver (I-912)
- USCIS Request for Reduced Fee (I-942)
Los Angeles Southwest College offers noncredit English as a Second Language course to meet your needs.
Offers four (5) levels of non-credit ESL instruction: beginning, intermediate and advanced. This program integrates life skills and job preparation for vocational programs:
- Non-credit classes are free and the only requirement is to be 18 years of age or older
- You can register for noncredit classes at any time during the semester
- Noncredit classes are available day and evening
- For class schedule click HERE.
The following steps are required in order to successfully matriculate in Noncredit classes.
- Haga click AQUÍ para completar la aplicación de admisiones en español.
STEP 1 APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS
Complete an application for admission. Bilingual NACES staff is available to assist you in completing the application in SSEC 110 (during the hours listed on the calendar on the other side of this sheet.) PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a current LASC parking permit, one can be purchased for $2.00 at:
1) The parking permit dispenser.
2) The Business Office (SSB 203) or
3) Campus Sheriff's Station.
Individuals without a permit are subject to citation. Bring an official photo ID from California or your country and your lawful Permanent Resident card or work permit (IF ANY)
STEP 2 ATTEND THE NONCREDIT NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION - SSEC 116A
Once your application for admissions has been processed and you have been assigned a student ID #, you need to sign-up for an orientation session in the NACES office. This in-person orientation will introduce you to LASC, our policies and procedures as well as give you an overview of the different resources and support services that are available for your success. No children are allowed in the orientation and the session will be about 2 hours. Students will be granted a ten (10) minute grace period for arrival. No admittance will be granted thereafter.
STEP 3 TAKE THE NONCREDIT ASSESSMENT AND CASAS PRE-TEST – SSEC 110A
If you are enrolling in English as a Second Language (ESL), citizenship, high school equivalency test preparation or computer literacy courses, you need to take the CASAS assessment test. Please make sure to bring any implements necessary for testing. (eyeglasses, hearing aids, etc.) No children are allowed in the testing area. English Noncredit Matriculation Sheet and Testing Hours Spanish Noncredit Matriculation Sheet and Testing Hours
STEP 4 SEE A COUNSELOR - SSEC 110A
You MUST see a noncredit counselor for assistance in completing your educational plan. The counselor will assist you in selecting appropriate classes that meet your educational goals. The appointment will last a total of 30 minutes, it can be extended per student request. Please be on time. If late, the student will be asked to reschedule.
STEP 5 REGISTER FOR CLASSES – SSEC 116A or SSEC 110A
You need to register for classes online at ww.mycollege.laccd.edu. For your convenience, registration instructions are posted inside the schedule of classes. Bilingual staff is available to help you register for classes in the NACES Office (SSEC 116A) and in the NACES Computer Lab (SSEC 110A).
STEP 6 PAY YOUR PARKING - SSEC 116A or SSB 103
You may purchase a parking permit online at www.mycollege.laccd.edu and then pick it up from the NACES office in SSEC 116A or the Business Office in SSB 103. Bilingual staff is available to help you buy your parking in the NACES Office (SSEC 116A) and in the NACES Computer Lab (SSEC 110A).
STEP 7 TAKE YOUR STUDENT I.D. PICTURE - SSB 204
Once you have registered for classes, you are eligible to receive a free student I.D. You must bring a copy of your fee receipt (which lists your current class schedule) and a photo I.D.
Registration assistance is available at all off-site locations on the days of class.
10322 Condon Avenue, Lennox, CA 90304 map it
11050 Larch Avenue, Lennox, CA 90304 map it
11901 Acacia Avenue, Hawthorne, CA 90250 map it
2632 West 15th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90006 map it