Reference questions? Call 323-241-5236.
Text us your questions at 323-455-2989.
Register for Classes Today
Welcome To LASC's Library!
LASC's Library team is excited to reopen its physical library and welcome back students and colleagues. A lot has changed since March 2020 when the Library closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Library staff has new protocols and procedures in place that they would like to share with you.
Please take a few minutes to read the links below and share them with students and employees. The entire Library team looks forward to seeing you on campus.
Use the search box below to find books and articles throughout the Library.
Explore our extensive collection of print and online resources you can use to study, research and learn. And, our online catalogs are available whenever you need them, during the day or any time of night!
Learn much more about us here!
- View a full listing of upcoming events at the Library on its calendar.
- Learn more about the Library of Science courses at LASC, by visiting this link.
- Learn about Library facts.
We offer the following and much more:
- Access to thousands of eBooks and physical copies
- Over 70 Databases that give you access to an enormous range of academic resources
- Group Study & Private Study Rooms
- Copying & Printing
- Laptops, Desktops (both PC and iMac), Headphones, & WiFi for student use
- Research resources, assistance, & workshops
- Connections & inter-library loans with other local college & university libraries
- Open Educational Resources – online open-source textbooks
- Student Library Club – advancing library & research needs/resources for the 21st century
We want to ensure every student has the opportunity to study, learn, and explore through using the resources the LASC Library provides. Therefore, please follow the Code of Conduct below whenever you are in the library.
LASC Students Must:
- Be respectful to other students, librarians and library staff, and visitors
- Be careful and considerate of library property
- Dress appropriately: shoes, shirts, and other attire MUST be worn
- Use library furniture, equipment, and property for their intended purposes ONLY
Behavior That Is Not Acceptable:
- Threatening, abusive, and harassing language or actions towards library staff and faculty or other students
- Behavior that disturbs others’ use of library or damages library property
- Being under the influence of alcohol or other substances
- Unattended children
- Damage or theft of library materials
- Loud unnecessary noises, whether resulting from talking, electronic devices, or other means
- Food or drink in the library
It is expected that Library Staff requests for compliance with these rules will be
immediately and civilly honored.
Depending on the seriousness of the infraction, refusal to comply with Library rules may result in:
- A request to leave the library
- A police report may be filed if necessary
Pursuant with LASC Student Code of Conduct regulations Board Rules: 9803.15, 9803.16, 9803.16, 9803.20, 9803.24, 9803.25