What You’ll Learn at LASC in Art History
You can get an Associate in Arts (AA) degree through LASC’s Art History program where you will explore art from various geographical areas, explore global history and cultures, and build your portfolio.
- Improve your attention to detail and analytical skills by studying art with an increased understanding of artistic expressions of different cultures and civilizations including western art and architecture from prehistory through the medieval period, and the renaissance to the contemporary period.
- Gain an understanding of chronological relevance, and individual and cultural identity of art throughout the history of the world.
- Develop an awareness of the economic, political, and social history of art establishing skills in critical and creative thinking and communication by studying artistic techniques and historic eras that can lead to many different career paths.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? With your Associate in Arts in Art History (AA) degree, you will save money on your first two years of college learning from resourceful, passionate faculty before you transfer to a four-year college or university. Visit your counselor to fund out more!