What You’ll Learn at LASC in Accounting and General Business
You can get an Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science for Transfer (AST) degrees through LASC’s Business Administration: Accounting/General Business program where you will prepare, record, and analyze financial data. Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Learn about business ethics and how proper documentation and reporting is vital in decision making and regulatory compliance.
- Discover ways to effectively communicate with financial and non-financial stakeholders so you can accomplish your teams’ goals more efficiently and succesy, resolve potential conflicts, and build connections with your coworkers.
- Hone your critical thinking skills to decode, evaluate, and analyze financial data in order to problem-solve effectively, resolve issues quickly, and organize effortlessly.
- Build software and spreadsheet application skills to gather and analyze data to create financial reports. LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? Check out LASC’s Associate in Science in Business Administration: Accounting/ General Business for Transfer (AST) degree where you will save money on your first two years of college learning from innovative, dedicated faculty. You can graduate with guaranteed admission into a CSU, and some UCs! Visit your academic counselor for more information.