What You’ll Learn at LASC in Spanish
You can get Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) degrees through LASC’s Spanish program where you will build your Spanish vocabulary and reading comprehension skills and learn how to converse with increased proficiency to launch your career.
- Master the fundamentals of pronunciation and structure of the Spanish language. You’ll be able to understand, speak, read, and write simple Spanish using basic vocabulary and be introduced to Hispanic culture through simple readings and visual aids to help you communicate clearly.
- Learn a new culture and understand how to interact and communicate with the diverse population in your community. You’ll become more aware and knowledgeable of diversity and be more sensitive to the differences in your community to prepare you for any job.
- Continue to build your knowledge of Spanish grammar with an emphasis on idiomatic usage. You’ll develop a stronger understanding of the Hispanic culture by reading short stories by well-known writers from both Spain and Latin America.
- Study literature, customs, geography, and the history of Spanish-speaking areas to learn how to hold discussions in Spanish and give interpretations of stories, explain their symbolism, and defend your view.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? Check out our Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) degree in Spanish and save money on your first two years of college learning from fluent, professional faculty. You can graduate with guaranteed admission into a CSU, and some UCs! See your academic counselor for more information.