What You’ll Learn at LASC in Education
You can get a Skill Certificate in Teacher Assistant (SC) through LASC’s Education program where you will refine your leadership skills, expand your creativity, and become students’ greatest advocate:
- Discover where major problems are in the public education system so you can begin to develop possible solutions to overcoming them.
- Learn in LASC’s newly renovated Child Development Center that provides a safe and modern environment where you will be able to watch others interact with children and use laboratory classrooms to build your skills.
- Notice the political, economic, and demographic changes that affect schools as public institutions, their curricula, and teacher practices so you can build your awareness of what’s been done previously, what works well, and what needs to be improved so you can create a strong program of your own.
- Receive effective teacher assisting techniques to equip you with the latest education methods and strategies to be a productive and valuable resource for your classrooms and the teachers you work with.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to get a bachelor’s degree? Visit your academic counselor or the Transfer Center to find out how you can benefit from going to a four-year college or university to gain even more academic knowledge and hands-on techniques to build upon what you will learn at LASC and allow you to become a teacher even faster.