Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
GATEWAYS program support for homeless and housing insecure students
Posted on: 04/06/2021
Los Angeles Southwest College's Gaining Access Through Education, Work, and Yielding Stability (GATEWAYS) counselors would like to share that Hope Housing/Shower of Hope program is available for students of all genders at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity, including students couch-surfing or sleeping in a car, on the street, in a shelter, or in an unsafe/unstable environment.
- Enrolled in 6 units or more continuously during participation in the program (with some flexibility).
- Meet with the GATEWAYS Counselor to establish/update your Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Meet with the GATEWAYS staff for check-ins at least 3 times per semester.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 must be maintained (with some flexibility).
- Apply for financial aid (FAFSA)
GATEWAYS Intake Form: Click Here to Apply for GATEWAYS Housing at LASC
The GATEWAYS Housing program assists students who need housing assistance. We review the housing intake forms every Tuesday and Thursday, so please give us time to review the information in your form and we will set-up a face-to-face Zoom meeting.
Questions? Contact the GATEWAYS Housing team at LASC.