Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Student Resources Available For Online Learning
Posted on: 07/13/2020
All Los Angeles Southwest College students are advised to take steps to be prepared for accessing and using Canvas as part of the remote learning that is set to take place across the Los Angeles Community College District in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Take a moment to check out our tips to be best prepared for remote learning when Spring Semester resumes March 30, 2020.
- To access the online learning platform Canvas, you will first need to sign in to the Student Information System’s student portal.
- If you have never logged into student portal, visit this link to learn how.
- Need an overview of how to get started in using Canvas? Visit this webpage.
- Review the complete online student guide for Canvas.
- If you need to access Canvas on a mobile device, click here to learn how to do so.
- There are also many useful YouTube videos available on this topic.
If you need help with Canvas or logging into the Student Portal, call the toll-free Student Help Line at (844) 695-2223 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Students should also visit LASC's Distance Learning webpage for additional resources.
The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) also has plenty of resources for students transitioning to an online learning environment. To review them, visit this webpage.
Finally, take part in a series of online workshops, conducted by the CCCCO’s professional learning network 3CSN, which are designed to support faculty and students in transitioning to remote learning. Check out this webpage for information about the workshops.
Need a laptop for remote learning? Apply to Los Angeles Community College District's laptop scholarship. For a step-by-step breakdown of how to do so, visit this webpage.