Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Welcome To Fall Semester!
Posted on: 08/30/2020
Los Angeles Southwest College has a wealth of resources and support that it can offer all students and their families during this upcoming Fall Semester, which starts Monday, August 31. The entire LASC Community has been working hard since spring to ensure we are able to fully support you in our virtual learning environment.
Please take a moment to watch the below video from LASC's President Dr. Seher Awan welcoming you to the Fall Semester.
- LASC’s learning management system is Canvas and it allows you to log into and access your online courses.
- If you have any issues accessing your online course in Canvas, share your concerns with us at https://forms.gle/UXSysXfXg5DskWs2A. We will assist you as soon as possible.
- You can also call or email for support with online learning:
Support on the First Day
- If you need immediate assistance on the first day of classes on Monday, August 31,
there will be an all-day Zoom session you can attend by phone or by computer between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. This Zoom
session will only be available on Monday, August 31st.
- Join the Zoom session: https://laccd.zoom.us/j/98685779378
- Meeting ID: 986 8577 9378
- Phone #: (669) 900-6833
Support this Semester
- After the first day of school, if you need assistance with other campus processes or need questions answered, call (323) 274-1680 or email LASCStudentSupport@laccd.edu. These services are supported from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- You can chat live with almost all of our student services departments by visiting https://www.lasc.edu/services/
- Our counselors are also hosting virtual walk-in counseling sessions to assist you. You can chat live with a counselor at https://laccd.craniumcafe.com/group/general-counseling-lasc/lobby
- We have a number of low-cost, Wi-Fi resources available to support your online education. For more information, visit https://www.lasc.edu/resources/#WiFi.
- Need to buy your textbooks? You can order them online through our college’s Bookstore at https://www.lascbookstore.com/
- If you need a loaner laptop to complete your online classes, we have support for you. For more information and to complete the application to request a laptop, visit https://www.lasc.edu/news/Loaner-Laptops-Available.
- Once you approved, you will be contacted to pick-up your device.
- There are also several low-cost internet options that you can take advantage of. You can find more information about them at https://www.lasc.edu/news/Low-Cost-Internet-Options-Available-For-Students.
- We understand that, at times, you may experience housing insecurity and homelessness. Please know that we are here for you and look forward to supporting you during these difficult times so that you can find personal stability and are able to focus on your studies in a safe and welcoming environment. If you are experiencing housing insecurity, email email@example.com or visit https://www.lasc.edu/resources/#Housing.
- Our Student Success Center tutors will be providing you support with your classes ALL online. You can access the center’s Canvas shells to receive tutoring support at https://ilearn.laccd.edu/enroll/XBCH8T
- You can also access NetTutor for tutoring in ALL subjects online 24/7. More information on accessing NetTutor in Canvas can be found here.
Student Virtual Town Hall Information Sessions
- If you have questions, want updates, or to personally chat with me, I welcome you
to attend our virtual student town hall that I host every Friday from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. I always look forward to our time together.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://laccd.zoom.us/j/93843545859
- Meeting ID: 938 4354 5859
- Phone #: (669) 900-6833
ASO and Student Life
- Our Associated Students Organization (ASO) is working hard to create engaging, online activities during this health crisis. Check your email for more information and make sure to attend these fun and informative events.
- During this time, it is important to stay connected and try to have some fun safely
from home! Our ASO will be having a Welcome Week this week on the days and times below.
I encourage you to login and get involved!
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 3, 2020, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Join the ASO’s Executive Board and develop essential professional life skills. You can find out more information at https://www.lasc.edu/news/Welcome-Week-Plus-Student-Government-Vacancies
- You can stay connected with our student government through social media:
- Instagram: lasc_aso
- Los Angeles Community College District’s African American Outreach Initiative will host a welcome for Black students on September 9th from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. You can register for this event here.
Parents and Families
- Our Child Development Center will be operating remotely/online this fall. There are great benefits, resources, and activities you can take advantage of if you are home with your children. You can enroll your children in the Child Development Center for fall at https://www.lasc.edu/life-lasc/community/child-development-center
- For working adults with families, we have the new PAAWS Program, Pathways of Accelerated Academics for Working Students. You can finish a Business or Child Development Degree in two years through evening and weekend courses. For more information, click here: https://www.lasc.edu/paaws.
- Also, if you need additional support, check out our EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs programs.
Physical and Mental Health
- Continue to take care of your physical and mental health during this time. Wear a mask when you leave your home, frequently wash your hands, and practice safe social distancing.
- Our Health Center remains open virtually. If you need mental or physical health services, call (323) 226-9042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional health services support is available at https://www.lasc.edu/resources/#Health
For general information, resources, and updates on what we are doing to support you, visit https://www.lasc.edu/news/.