Mondays - Thursdays
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
Nursing Application Process
Nursing Application Process
In order to attend our Nursing program, you will need to complete the Nursing application process and submit it during set enrollment periods. If you should have any questions along the way, please contact the Nursing Front Office at 323-241-5461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2022 Application Period: July 14 to August 16, 2021 by 4 p.m.
- Be enrolled in LASC and have a 9-digit Student ID Number.
- Review the dates for the open enrollment period under When to Apply so you know when you can apply and what your deadlines are.
- Make sure you meet the Prerequisites and General Education Requirements and Health and Other Requirements.
- Must attend a Mandatory Application Session.
- Complete the application.
- Include with your signed electronic application:
- A clear copy of the front and back of your current, valid California Identification/Driver’s License.
- All current unofficial college transcripts of coursework completed inside and outside of the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD).
- Onofficial transcripts from a U.S. high school, GED, California Proficiency Exam, or U.S. College or University degree or Evaluation Report from an approved agency. If you were educated outside of the U.S., review Foreign Course Credit for more information.
- For veterans and spouses of veterans only, please include a copy of your DD Form 214.
- Transfer Information, if applicable. Include Transfer Recommendation Form, Official Transcripts, Course Syllabi. See detailed information for Transfer Students below.
- TEAS is required to apply. You must include unofficial results with your application.
- For applicants with a misdemeanor or who were convicted for any offense other than a minor traffic violation, include a signed formal letter to Program Director, Dr. Azubuike, along with a copy of a Certificate of Rehabilitation. If needed, call the Nursing Front Office for more information.
- Email your electronic application and ALL paperwork/information to email@example.com by the deadline
- HOW TO REAPPLY –
- ALL STUDENTS are eligible to reapply!
- If you applied last semester and were denied, you are still required to submit a new application along with all required documents.
Spring 2022 Application Cycle
We will continue our application sessions and accept new applications as scheduled and described on the LASC website for Spring 2022. The application period for Spring 2022 admission will begin July 14, 2021 and end August 16, 2021.
Fall 2022 Application Cycle
Continue to check our website for updates
TIPS For Applying
- Make sure you have applied to LASC and have a 9-digit Student ID Number.
- Be sure you can access your LACCD (Los Angeles Community College District) email account because all the communication we have with you will be through this email account. You will want to check this weekly once you submit your application, as well as the Nursing Department’s website for updates.
- Did you take and pass an AP test in High School? If so, send us your OFFICIAL Advanced Placement (AP) Scores to the Admissions & Records office. You can do this by logging into College Board to request your score.
- Be certain to get UNOPENED, SEALED OFFICIAL transcripts:
- IF High School or a GED is the highest level of education you have had, you will need these transcripts. Use this link to request GED transcripts: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/gedrequest-a-transcript.
- IF the highest level of education you have had is the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE), you will need these transcripts. To request CHSPE transcripts, use this link: http://chspe.net/cert-trans.
- Include transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Transcripts from within LACCD may be unofficial.
- Plan to meet with a general academic counselor in SSB 227 for all transcript evaluations prior to applying to a program. Please call the Counseling Department at (323) 241-5200.
Nursing Program Costs
We recommend reviewing the current Nursing Program Costs so you can be financially prepared, including applying for Financial Aid and/or Scholarships to help you pay for the program.
We can’t wait for you to be a part of LASC’s Nursing program! First review our Information Session Slide Show below. If you still have questions after reading through it all, then join us at Information Session to get more details.
- Wed, November 17th, 3pm-4:30pm https://laccd.zoom.us/j/99976360200
- Tues, November 30th, 10am-11:30am https://laccd.zoom.us/j/94149228425
- Mon, December 6th, 2pm-3:30pm https://laccd.zoom.us/j/94472652534
We know we are asking for a lot of documentation and prerequisites from you. We require this information so we know where you are in your education and to verify that you will be eligible by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) to get your licensure once you successfully complete our nursing program.
Therefore, if you have questions about what you need to submit after reviewing the slide show below, our Information Session will help you become familiar with all of the documentation and information you will need for the Nursing application. We will also review the prerequisites you will need to complete before you can submit your application. And, you will have time to ask any questions you may have about the application process.
Before attending the Information Session:
- Please review the entire slide show below. If you still have questions, this Information Session will help answer them. If you don’t have any questions, you do not need to attend.
- Bring your LACCD (Los Angeles Community College District) 9-digit Student ID number.
- You do not need to make an appointment to attend.
Guests and children are not allowed during the Information Sessions.
Thank you for choosing LASC to complete your career goals in nursing! Transfer students are considered students who have withdrawn from another nursing program with a satisfactory academic status and are eligible to return. If this is you, here’s how you can apply to LASC’s Nursing program.
First, please note, we are currently only accepting transfer students if space is available. Therefore, space for transfer students is very limited.
If you have been accepted into another program and completed at least one semester, your application will be reviewed on an individual basis. This process requires:
- A complete application - You will need to follow the same application process as general students in the How to Apply section above in order to apply to the program. You will also need to meet the admissions requirements for our program’s general nursing students.
- A completed Transfer Recommendation Form – please see someone at the Nursing Front Office or a Nursing counselor for this form.
- A Course Syllabus for all successfully completed Nursing courses.
- Official transcripts.
Turn in all of the required application information to the Nursing Department during the days and hours listed in the How to Apply section above. Please contact the Nursing Front Office at 323-241-5461 with any questions.
Note: If you were enrolled in another Associate Degree Program and were academically dismissed, you are NOT eligible to apply to this program.
If you’ve taken academic courses in another country, and you would like to have those reviewed for possible credit, you will need to have an official evaluation report completed by an approved evaluation agency. An approved agency list is available in the Counseling Office in the Student Services Building, Room 227, and in the Nursing Department, or online with one of the agencies below.
First, if you want credit for the courses you’ve completed in another country, you’ll need to provide this information:
- A course description for each course you completed
- The topics covered during each course
- How many lecture hours and lab hours were involved with each course
- What prerequisites there were if any
Online agencies you can use are:
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agencies:
- Administrative Regulations for Foreign Course Credit (please read their instructions carefully):
Allow enough time to gather all of your official transcripts. We suggest you do this as soon as possible to make sure these documents are ready before the deadline.
Please contact the Nursing Front Office at 323-241-5461 with any questions.