What You’ll Learn at LASC in Art
You can get an Associate in Arts (AA) degree through LASC’s Art program where you will develop skills to analyze works of art, study and work with other artists, and build your portfolio:
- Exhibit your own work and learn to curate and prepare an exhibition at the LASC college gallery.
- Improve your understanding of concepts, techniques, and methods of form and content within different works by studying the diversity of art across cultures, looking at changes in design principles, media techniques, themes, and terminology over time.
- Work directly with artists and teachers in diverse media like sculpture, graphic design, photography, drawing, painting, and two- and three-dimensional design to build your resume and portfolio while being mentored by faculty with experience working in art.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? An Associate in Arts (AA) degree in Art will prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university while saving money on your first two years of college as you learn from motivating, knowledgeable faculty. Meet with your counselor to learn more!