What You’ll Learn at LASC with Interdisciplinary Studies in Arts and Humanities
You can get Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) degrees through LASC’s Interdisciplinary Studies Arts and Humanities program where you will learn to identify art and music, hone your writing and acting skills to build your portfolio, and establish real-world connections to launch a career in your field of choice:
- Learn effective ways to share your ideas and thoughts with students of different educational backgrounds to improve your communication skills not only with children but adults, too.
- Develop a greater understanding of disciplines within the arts and humanities by learning to interpret how people in various cultures throughout the ages have responded to the world around them through artistic expression. Study works of art through theory, terminology, themes, design principles, media, techniques and visual arts.
- Gain invaluable experience working with LASC’s Theater Program, where you’ll join forces with like-minded people to tackle projects that confront injustice, inequality, and racism. You’ll help write, direct, stage, and produce in a rigorous and creative atmosphere. Or, polish your writing and add your stories, poems, and essays to your portfolio by contributing to LASC’s student literary journal, The Truth, an online publication of creative writing designed to celebrate the literature and poetry of LASC.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? Get an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) degree in Interdisciplinary Studies: Arts & Humanities, and graduate with guaranteed admission into a CSU and some UCs! Save money on your first two years of college learning from innovative, dedicated faculty.