What You’ll Learn at LASC in Music
You can get an Associate in Arts (AA) degree through LASC’s Music program where you will enhance your musical talents, dive into the fundamentals of music, and prepare for a career in this creative field:
- Improve your skills in reading and writing music through studying pitch, notation, rhythm, scales, intervals, chords, and the keyboard while increasing your knowledge of musical works to learn to comment on musical characteristics, genre, form, social significance, historical context and production methods.
- Increase your knowledge in American, World, and Western Classical music by learning oral and written traditions of basic music.
- Embrace new technology and learn desktop production basics, how to manipulate digital audio, drum programming, computer-assisted live performance, mixing, mastering, and distribution through digital audio production and performance work using Ableton Live software.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? With your Associate in Arts in Music (AA) degree, you will save money on your first two years of college learning from resourceful, passionate faculty before you transfer to a four-year college or university. Visit your academic counselor to fund out more!