What You’ll Learn at LASC in Physics
You can get Associate in Science (AS) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AST) degree through LASC’s Physics program where you will develop your foundation in understanding the basic principles of physics, how to problem-solve logically and scientifically:
- Hone your critical-thinking, logical, and analytical skills and develop your curiosity for how things work and how to find solutions to everyday problems.
- Solve mechanical and electrical problems related to the motion of electromagnetism, dynamics, Newton’s laws, and others.
- Learn about the uses of physics in areas such as medicine, dentistry, architecture, and others where it has improved our lives and made society safer.
- LASC provides internships so you can build your career connections and create community ties for after you graduate.
- Want to transfer? Check out LASC’s Associate in Science in Physics for Transfer (AST) degree where you will save money on your first two years of college learning from passionate, innovative faculty. You can graduate with guaranteed admission into a CSU, and some UCs. Visit your counselor for details.