Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
2021 Spring Semester Information Guide
Posted on: 02/07/2021
Los Angeles Southwest College has a wealth of resources and support that it can offer all students and their families during the 2021 Spring Semester.
All of LASC's classes and support services will be available online only this spring. Please know that the entire LASC Community has been working hard to ensure we are able to fully support you in our virtual learning environment. We are glad you are here!
Here's how we can support YOU!
- LASC’s learning management system is Canvas and it allows you to log into and access your online courses.
- You can also call or email for support with online learning:
First Day Support
LASC's administrators will host an all-day Zoom session on the first day of Spring Semester classes starting at 8 a.m. Monday, February 8. If you have any questions about the first day, visit this Zoom page.
Support this Semester
- After the first day of school, if you need assistance with other campus processes or need questions answered, call (323) 274-1680 or email LASCStudentSupport@laccd.edu. These services are supported from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- You can chat live with almost all of our student services departments by visiting lasc.edu/services.
- Our counselors are also hosting virtual walk-in counseling sessions to assist you. You can chat live with a counselor at laccd.craniumcafe.com/group/general-counseling-lasc/lobby
- To provide students with reliable, high-speed internet access — and in keeping with social-distancing directives issued by county, state, and national officials — LASC is launching “Drive-Up Wi-Fi” at its campus. Learn more.
- We have a number of low-cost, Wi-Fi resources available to support your online education. For more information, visit lasc.edu/resources/#WiFi.
- Need to buy your textbooks? You can order them online through our college’s Bookstore at lascbookstore.com
- If you need a loaner laptop to complete your online classes, we have support for you. For more information and to complete the application to request a laptop, visit lasc.edu/news/Loaner-Laptops-Available.
- There are several low-cost internet options available for you. You can find more information about them at lasc.edu/news/Low-Cost-Internet-Options-Available-For-Students.
- At LASC, we understand that students may encounter barriers such as homelessness or housing insecurity along their academic journey. We welcome you to work with our GATEWAYS counselors to receive support. Learn more at lasc.edu/services/gateways
- Our Student Success Center tutors will be providing you support with your classes ALL online. You can access the center’s Canvas shells to receive tutoring support at ilearn.laccd.edu/enroll/XBCH8T or learn more about the center at lasc.edu/services/tutoring
All LASC students can receive free academic tune-ups on a variety of subjects with online tutoring on NetTutor in two ways:
- Through Canvas by clicking on the "NetTutor" link in any Canvas shell
- Click "Online Tutoring" once you've logged in here.
Student Virtual Town Hall Information Sessions
- President Dr. Seher Awan is inviting all students to a virtual town hall at 11 a.m.
every Friday on Zoom at tinyurl.com/LASCStudentTownHall. Dial in by calling (669) 900-6833.
- Meeting ID: 938 4354 5859
- Phone #: (669) 900-6833
ASO and Student Life
- LASC's Associated Students Organization has openings on its executive board and commissioner positions. Also, applications are being accepted to serve as the student trustee on the Los Angeles Community College District Board of Trustees. Learn more.
- You can stay connected with our student government through social media:
- Instagram: lasc_aso
Parents and Families
- Our Child Development Center will be operating remotely this spring. There are still great benefits, resources, and activities you can take advantage of if you are home with your children. You can enroll your children in the Child Development Center at lasc.edu/life-lasc/community/child-development-center
- For working adults with families, we have the new PAAWS Program, Pathways of Accelerated Academics for Working Students. You can finish a Business or Child Development Degree in two years through evening and weekend courses. For more information, click here: lasc.edu/paaws.
- Also, if you need additional support, check out our EOPS, CARE, and CalWORKs programs.
Physical and Mental Health
- Our Health Center remains open virtually. If you need mental or physical health services, call (323) 226-9042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional health services support is available at lasc.edu/resources/#Health
For general information, resources, and updates on what we are doing to support you, visit lasc.edu/news.