Mondays - Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Register for Classes Today
LASC To Provide Free Wi-Fi To Students On Its Campus
Posted on: 03/04/2021
To provide students with reliable, high-speed internet access — and in keeping with social-distancing directives issued by county, state, and national officials — Los Angeles Southwest College (LASC) is launching “Drive-Up Wi-Fi” at its campus starting Monday, February 8, 2021.
All Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) students enrolled in Spring Semester classes will be able to drive to campus and connect with LASC's free Wi-Fi in Parking Lot 3 on a first-come, first-served basis from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Interested students will be asked to enter campus and check-in at LASC's Western Avenue gate and will then be directed to take an immediate left turn into Parking Lot 3. All students will be able to access the Wi-Fi by using their Student Information System credentials.
Students will need to remain in their vehicles while using LASC’s wireless network and adhere to all Los Angeles County Department of Public Health directives, especially those related to social distancing. No restroom or other facilities on LASC’s campus will be available to students.
Additional requirements are:
- Campus safety check-in protocols must be followed
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists will not be allowed on campus
- Students will need to park in every other stall to comply with proper social distancing requirements
- Wi-Fi access will only be available for students in vehicles
- Students must remain in their vehicles
- Vehicle engines must be turned off while using the campus Wi-Fi
- All vehicles' hatchbacks, sunroofs, moon roofs and convertible tops will need to be closed
- Students must wear facial coverings if their vehicle’s windows are open
- Smoking will not be allowed
- Students should bring their own trash bags as waste bins will not be available in Parking Lot 3
- A valid LASC parking pass is not required to use the free Wi-Fi