Step 1: Check your Student Portal email account regularly for further instructions.
Step 2: Make sure you are enrolled in the number of units you need for the Enrollment Status you want your award based on. Your award is based on how many units you enroll in for up to 12 units per semester.
- If you decide you want to add or drop a class after the start of the semester, make sure to do this BEFORE the Add/Drop Deadline for the semester you are attending.
- Remember: If you are paid financial aid at one level of enrollment (i.e. full-time student, three-quarters time, half-time, or less than half-time) and drop a class or change a class to one that has fewer units, you may need to repay some of the funds you received.
LASC checks your Enrollment Status after the Add/Drop Deadline each semester to determine if you made any changes to your schedule.
Step 3: If you get an email asking you to submit additional documents for verification, you can upload them by logging into lasc.verifymyfafsa.com with your cell phone, tablet, or computer, unless otherwise directed. Documents can be e-signed here by you and your parent or spouse.
- You can upload any completed Financial Aid Forms by logging into lasc.verifymyfafsa.com, as well, unless you are directed to bring them into the Financial Aid Office.
- Sometimes additional documents are needed. Unless otherwise noted, submit any additional information by uploading them through lasc.verifymyfafsa.com.
Step 4: Continue to check your Student Portal email for your updated Award Letter. If you are eligible for a financial aid package, your funds will be delivered with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. You should also have an email in your Student Portal with instructions on how to select your refund preference.
- Figure out how much financial aid you need by reviewing how much LASC’s tuition and fees are. You can also use the Net Price Calculator that will estimate how much it costs to go to college for a year. This helps you know how much aid you should accept.
Step 5: If you already have your BankMobile Disbursements Personal Code from your email, go to https://www.refundselection.com/refundselection/#/welcome/continue to select your refund preference.
- Check when the next Disbursement date is through your Student Information System (SIS) account. You should find the funds in your account 2-5 days after the Disbursement date listed.